With fuel prices on the rise and a possible strike about to happen, we should all think about ways to save on fuel; but perhaps the most important reason is to help conserve our planet and go easy on its resources. To ask us all to give up our vehicle is an unlikely situation, but to educate us on how to drive to save fuel and not just to burn it is something we can all do.
Here are our 5 tips to help you save and conserve fuel:
1. Make sure your vehicle is in an overall good condition. Check your oil and water and make sure your tires are the correct pressure.
2. Drive at a steady pace and keep within the recommended speed limit; this covers you for safety also.
3. Turn off the air conditioning if you can, open a window and enjoy a little fresh air. Using the air conditioning system is a fuel consumption that you may not need to use.
4. Check what’s hidden away in your boot and if you don’t need it, then ditch it!
5. Check your travel route before you travel. You can watch the local news or listen to the local radio station to see if you are heading in the direction of traffic jams or any pesky road works.
If you can follow these simple yet effective ways to conserve your fuel supply, then not only will you be watching the pennies and savings the pounds, you will also help save the planet.