Alongside the best rates, we also make sure to include all the coverage that is necessary to drive safely in the States. This means that you don’t have to worry about researching different kinds of policy options and you can easily find a trustworthy provider to affordable prices.
Renting a car in the US is stress-free with Auto Europe! You don’t need to spend time worrying about how to protect your car, as we offer an inclusive plan with the required coverage to drive in the United States. You can focus on planning your trip – the rest is included in your car hire.
Here is a list of the US coverage policies included in our rates.
- Liability Insurance (LI): Provides coverage up to the state’s required minimum. Keep in mind that this figure varies from state to state, so it’s important to read the contract thoroughly.
- Additional Liability Insurance (ALI): offers coverage in the event of an accident causing damage to objects and people outside the hired vehicle. Covers an amount of up to $1.000.000. A single uninsured motorist is also covered by an amount of up to $1.000.000 per accident.
- Collision Damage waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP): This coverage eliminates the client’s responsibility in the event of damage or theft of the rental vehicle. This item may also include coverage for tires and windscreen, but it’s important to check this while booking. Both are included in Zero Excess rates, therefore the client should not purchase any additional coverage at the time of pick up.
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP): In most cases, care hire rates also include UMP. This is used when another person causes damages to your hired vehicle and doesn’t have enough coverage.
As you can see, the policies included in Auto Europes rates will help grant you as a client peace of mind while booking through us. But it is still important to understand what exactly is being covered in your contract. Please read through your voucher carefully before your pick up date and make sure you understand all the information on there. Keep in mind that extra fees may apply if you want to add any additional drivers, but once paid, the coverage policy extends to any extra drivers added to the booking.
Once you arrive at your destination in the US and it is time to pick up your rental you might be offered extras by the car hire clerk at the desk. Knowing what is included in your contract is perhaps as crucial as knowing what isn’t. Therefore, locally, you may also consider purchasing supplemental products, which vary among suppliers. We have listed some of the options below:
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI): It covers medical costs and accidental death for the renter and passengers in the event of an accident during the rental period.
- Personal Effects Coverage (PEC): PEC insures the personal effects for the renter and any immediate family member.
- Road Side Plus (RSP): Includes cover against key replacement, lock out service, fuel delivery if the customer runs out of gas among other things.
- Roadside Assistance: This covers mechanical failure of the vehicle and include things like tire and battery assistance (replace a flat or damaged tire/battery), lock out service (help driver to get in a car with keys locked inside) and fuel delivery (when the vehicle runs out of fuel). Keep in mind that the costs of extra fuel and tires are not included.
In other words, a car hire with Auto Europe includes vehicle coverage and liability insurance. What you may add on locally is extra coverage to protect yourself and any belongings.
Finally, where can you find all of this information? It’s easy! All above conditions are listed during the booking process under Terms, Conditions & Local Fees. For any assistance and other queries you may have, just give us a call on our toll free number 0800 358 1229, or contact us online. Our team is around 7 days a week and ready to help you with any queries you might have!
We wish you a safe journey!