A good coverage is the best way to provide peace of mind when hiring a car. However, the terminology can be confusing at times. With that in mind, we´ve compiled all the necessary information to help you better understand what is covered when you rent a car. Here’s a quick and easy guide.
- Liability insurance: included in every Auto Europe car hire offer. Covers injuries or damages to another person or object, outside the vehicle, resulting from an accident you caused.
- Collision damage waiver (CDW): it’s a damage coverage and it limits the liability to a given set amount. For instance, let’s say you rented a car with a CDW excess of £600 Euros. This means that you are responsible for any damages under £600. All costs higher than this figure are covered according to the contract signed.
- Theft protection (TP): covers losses resulting from theft of a vehicle, also to an excess of a specified amount.
- Fire insurance: this is included in Auto Europe’s rates, providing unlimited coverage.
Auto Europe offers a few options to help you save time and money. Our product, designed to make coverage simple and easy, is the perfect insurance to add on to your booking:
- Refundable Excess Insurance: this inclusive package covers the physical damage or theft of your rental vehicle up to a limit of £3,000 per rental period, including damages to the roof, underbody, lights, windscreen and mirrors. In addition, we will cover roadside repairs and costs, as well as drop-off / relocation of damaged vehicle. Different maximum amount claimable apply for services such as repair and replacement of tyres, keys locked inside the vehicle and coverage of additional rented items.You can find a full description of the service on each car hire offer that includes ‘refundable excess’ or read more about it here. Please read carefully and pay special attention to the procedures required prior to making a claim for refunds from Auto Europe.
- Zero Excess Package: covers not only the total amount of excess for which you are liable if the car is damaged or stolen, but also for damage to the certain parts of the vehicle. Most car hire companies do not include damages to windows/windscreen, interior, wheels, tyres, under body and the roof of the vehicle. So, make sure you read your contract!
- Zero Excess with Extended Cover: this extended coverage option is available from our suppliers, and the types of coverage vary. For instance, while some suppliers include wheels and glass, others include wheels, glass, underside and roof in the contract.
Important: keep in mind that the driver must have a credit card with his own name, as a deposit will be blocked on this credit card upon arrival for pick up.
All coverage conditions can be found on our booking engine before a reservation is submitted. Once the booking is confirmed, you will receive a voucher with all the T&C listed. We are also prepared to answer your questions on the phone, just give us a call on our toll free number 0800 358 1229.
We wish you a safe journey!